pppm.uoregon.edu is the UO Department of Planning, Public Policy and Management
The Department of Planning, Public Policy and Management (PPPM) at the University of Oregon offers undergraduate and graduate programs in planning, public administration and nonprofit management.
The Department of Planning, Public Policy and Management offers three graduate programs:
- Master of Community and Regional Planning (MCRP) trains policy-oriented planners for leadership positions in the public, non-profit and private sector.
- Master of Public Administration (MPA) is a two-year program with a focus on evidence-based policy that trains leaders to integrate evidence into policy formulation and practice.
- Certificate in Nonprofit Management is designed to develop the skills necessary to manage, lead, and conduct effective organizational change in nonprofits.
In addition, the department offers the following undergraduate programs:
- Bachelor of Arts in Planning, Public Policy and Management is a liberal-arts degree prepares graduates for entry-level positions in a variety of public service agencies and organizations.
- Minor in Planning, Public Policy and Management complements studies in the social sciences and humanities by providing a professional or applied context for the knowledge, theories, and methods of the student’s major discipline.
- Minor in Nonprofit Administration enhances undergraduate education to include preparation for occupations in nonprofits, one of the fastest growing employment sectors in the country.
According to a 2004 study in the Journal of Planning-Education and Research titled "Faculty Quality at U.S. Planning Graduate Schools: A National Research Council-Style Study", the PPPM Faculty rates highly in the number of cited publications that they produce. In this study, the PPPM Faculty ranks among the top 5 for total citations by other publications.
The MPA program is accredited by the National Association of Schools in Public Affairs and Administration (NASPAA).
The MCRP program is accreded by the Association of Collegiate Schools of Planning (ACSP).
- 119 Hendricks Hall
- Eugene, OR 97403-1209
- Phone: 541-346-3635
- Fax: 541-346-2040