Jackson Community College | Home
About the College
JCC was founded as Jackson Junior College in 1928 and operated as a division of the Jackson Union School District, sharing lab and library facilities with the high school. In 1962, Jackson County voters created Jackson Community College as a distinct entity; in 1964, they passed a charter millage that still funds the College today.
Rapid enrollment and program growth in the 1960s spurred JCC to build a new campus on its present site. Today, the College owns more than 500 acres and sits on a scenic suburban site six miles south of the city of Jackson, with extension centers in Lenawee and Hillsdale counties. An integral educational and economic force in the Jackson-Lenawee-Hillsdale communities, JCC operates on a $27 million general fund budget.
JCC has 94 full-time faculty (90 percent have postgraduate degrees in their field). 228 full-time personnel are employed at JCC, 6% fewer than one year ago. An additional 278 people work part-time.
- Alexa: Jccmi.edu